HOW CAN MY LANGUAGE TOWN BOOKS HELP YOU?
So much has changed for all of us over the past weeks. We all are adapting to the many personal and professional challenges. It has also changed dramatically the way in which you will learn and teach. We know that you will face many personal and professional challenges, we know too that challenges always bring out the best in all of us. We are here to support you to use this time to learn another language or teach it to someone else. You can do it!
My Language Town are Digital Libraries of books and to learn Spanish (K-12th), French (6th to 12th) and German (6th to 12th). We also offer a Digital Library of Spanish Songs (K-12th).
The books are divided into 3 libraries.
- Elementary Library: it has a red bar at the bottom (K-5th grade - these books are focused on younger kids)
- Beginner Library: it has a blue bar at the bottom (level 1 or 1-2 - for first/second year students)
- Intermediate Library: it has a green bar at the bottom (level 2 onwards)
The age group.
- The elementary Library is for K-5th graders.
- The Beginner Library is for any Level 1 or Level 2 class (Middle School to adults)
Each book has a number on the cover on the right bottom corner. Ex. 1 or 1-2, or 2-4. It means that you could think about using the books with those levels. Ex. Spanish 1, Spanish 2, etc.
Those numbers are just an orientation as the level 1 for one school or individual may be very different from the level 1 in another school based on many factors.
Also, some classes may use a book for Level 1-2 like Aventuras de Guille y Marta ˇPerú! at the end of the first year as a great review for the content learned that year, and use several weeks to read it, while some teachers/ students of Level 3 may use it at the beginning of the year as a quick review or as an assignment for Summer Reading.
There is no fixed number as our libraries keep expanding :) Currently we have these books in each library, but the number keeps growing.
- Elementary Library: 50 approx.
- Beginner Library: 25 approx.
- Intermediate Library: 50 approx.